What’s the role of the Steering Group?
The Steering Group is there to achieve the purpose and aims of the group. This means driving and managing Ludwell Life’s activities. The Steering Group is the point of contact for our interactions and work with other organisations – the City Council, Devon Wildlife Trust, local schools etc
We operate mainly by email, with meetings held only when necessary.
What does being on the Steering Group mean?
Being on the Steering Group requires people who:
- Are committed to achieving the aims of the Group, as set out in our purpose and aims.
- Within their Ludwell Life Steering Group role, do not formally or informally act as representatives of another organisation, or seek to promote a narrow set of interests
- Are comfortable with using email as a key means of communication within the Steering Group, including handling a fair volume of email s, and accessing a shared Gmail email account.
- Are willing to undertake tasks in between Steering Group meetings ie take an active role, beyond just turning up to meetings. These tasks will usually be suited to your own skills and experience, but could include writing emails, letters, meeting people – including people from local councils and other agencies, as well as voluntary groups and charities – to discuss projects, finding out about things, funding research and applications, heading up or being part of one of our Working Groups, and so on.
- Ideally, have a specific skill or experience that is helpful to the Steering Group as a whole
- Enjoy working as a part of a team who share values and goals.
Becoming a member of the Ludwell Life Steering Group
We deliberately keep the Steering Group small and informal but always welcome new blood. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Steering Group, please get in touch. We’d especially welcome someone with better IT skills than any of the present group has!
Please email [email protected].