The Panny Path Project
You may have already noticed things happening down by the Panny…..
Thanks to a generous grant from Wilko, (funded by their carrier bag charge), Ludwell Life are leading a project to improve the lovely but neglected path that runs alongside the Panny. Work is starting in February 2019, to be completed by early April. Keep Britain Tidy and Exeter City Council are also part of the project team.
We hope that the works will make the path more attractive to local residents, help them feel safer using it, and of course improve the habitat for the local wildlife too.
What’s happening then?
The work will include:
- freshening up the Panny bridge, entrance to Ludwell Valley Park
- creating at least one new seating area
- improving the path so it is wider and drains better in winter
- planting a new mini-woodland
- creating a new path from the Panny up to the playing fields
- installing bat and bird boxes
- an archway to ‘sign the way’ towards Ludwell Valley Park